I guess I'm having withdraws.
Every time I sleep, my subconcious mind assumes that I am surrounded by children.
Example 1: My first night home, I sat up and started teaching an activity in my sleep.
Example 2: At 4:00 this morning, my parents told me to come downstairs because the tornado siren had gone off. In my mind I told "the girls" to start rounding up their things and to follow me downstairs.
Example 3: When I woke up from a long nap this afternoon, my immediate thoughts were, "oh no. They're going to think I got sick, too, and send them back without a senior counselor. I'm not sick! Don't worry, girls, I'll be there soon!" My mom had to convince me that there was in fact no one in the house besides the two of us, and that they had not come to my house to complete a 9th session.
No one else sleeps in the same room as me.
There are not numerous 9-15 year olds around my bedroom. Just me.
Camp is over.
I'm not sad, just surprised. The past 2 months were the longest, hardest, funnest, shortest, and best 9 weeks of my life. I grew and learned so much this summer. At the very beginning of the summer, I struggled with wanting to be at camp. I remember thinking, 'I need my life back.' But, a mere two weeks later, my new motto was, 'This IS my life.'
God did amazing things this summer (despite the craziness of Camp 8--campers and counselors were dropping like flies due to...flu? Plus, it rained literally every day. Longest week of my life.). Hundreds of kids came to know Jesus for the first time, and thousands made the decision to get right with God and start living for him again. Kids loved and looked up to me, and I still find it hard to believe the amount of influence I had over them. Girls told me that I changed their lives. Seriously? God used me to impart wisdom into the lives of hundreds of young people. Whoa. Camper dream fulfilled.
This summer was truly amazing, but I don't feel like my work at Brookhill is quite done yet. I feel like God wants me there at least one more summer. I suppose we'll find out.
I thank Jesus Christ our Lord, who has given me the opportunity to do his work. He considered me trustworthy and appointed me to serve him.
1 Timothy 1:12
3 comments:
I know exactly how you feel about feeling like campers are around you. I went through that last summer. Surprisingly, I haven't this summer.
haha, what's funny is my word verification to leave this comment is "swine." Ironic, isn't it? Oink oink.
I forgot to tell you the other day when i talked to you but i had an awesome idea for another drawing and i got busy and didn't get around to making it.
Now i wish i would have sent you a letter in an attempt to bring some smiles for a long week 8. So sorry for my slip in encouragement.
Maybe if you hassle me about it..i'll still do it. haha. I won't tell you everything, but it has to do with you teaching horseback riding. :)
all I have to say is:
meeee toooo.
Post a Comment