Thursday, December 17, 2009

3.4375

So my GPA is the lowest it's even been in my life. But the scholarship is still there. Which pretty much means everything. I can still go to school. I still have money. I can breathe.

I don't know how I got a B in Astronomy. Seriously, adding up my tests scores....it's just illogical. Let's just say, thank God He still works miracles!

To my own satisfaction, my Christmas break has not been dull and worthless thus far. I've had a few relaxing days, and they were nice. I've also spent time with friends, had mother/daughter bonding over Jason's Deli and Sandra Bullock, gone hiking, babysat my precious 2 and 4-year-old cousins, and helped my parents host Family Christmas. I've also bought and attempted to use some exercise tools, attended small-town Baptist Church holiday festivities, and read 3/4 of Twilight (I'm deciding if I should finish it or not. Honestly, I don't think it's worth my time). I'm currently backing up some of my music to cds (a long and vigorous process), will later exchange gifts with my high school BFFs, and will be traveling to Kansas City on Thursday. That's productive in my book.

I also, like most typical Americans, have enjoyed the past month's worth of cheesy Christmas radio. In fact, I broke out my iPod's Christmas playlist about a week before Thanksgiving. A few of it's contents are as follows:

Christmas/Sarajevo 12/24--Trans-Siberian Orchestra (duh)

I Celebrate the Day--Relient K (plus all the other songs on both RK Christmas albums)

Feliz Navidad--Jose Feliciano (Is that is real last name? Kind of funny.)

Believe--Josh Groban (If things don't work out with JTT, I'm going to marry Josh Groban, and he will sing Christmas songs to be all year long.)

White Christmas--The Drifters (My favorite Christmas song EVER. But only this version.)

Merry Christmas (Happy Holidays)--NSYNC (again, duh.)

Calling Dr. Jones--Aqua (Why, you may ask? My favorite movie of all time is Disney's 1997 I'll Be Home For Christmas. Jessica Biel sings this song while driving from Cali to NY. Tom Jones's What's New Pussycat is on there, too...which by the way is possibly one of the creepiest songs ever.)

The Winter Song--Eisley (Because they are awesome.)

O Come O Come Emmanuel--Bethany Dillon (Favorite Christmas hymn sung by favorite singer=win.)

...and about 35 more.

It's beginning to look (and sound) a lot like Christmas. :)

2 comments:

Brian said...

just two of the many side effects of a wasted youth.

avery said...

bethany dillon? wonderful. saw her (plus the shanes, and phil wickham) the other day. great.

andddd. are you going to be in KC for onething, too? because if you are we should def hang out at least once...