Tuesday, December 22, 2009

beyond me

Sometimes, I can understand how a person might not believe in God. Because when you really take it all in, the love story of Christ seems far too beautiful to be true.

We don't expect such beauty to exist. We don't think that happy endings are possible. We don't think that supernatural is logical. We don't expect for Hope to be so attainable.

I'm so glad He has proved us wrong.
-------------------------------------

God is real. And He loves you with a love so beautiful, so real, so raw, so constant, so unconditional, so envious that it's beyond our comprehension, and beyond our definitions and expectations of love. He is jealous for you! Jealous of the things you love, the things you desire...because He wants that attention.

The story of Christ sounds so much like a fairytale. An awesome, legit, action-packed, adventurous, romantic fairytale...you know, the good kind that makes the girls swoon and the boys crave victory. I've heard the "Christmas story" and the "Easter Story" so much that at first glance, it doesn't seem so mystical. But how could it not be? I mean, a freaking virgin got pregnant with the child of an omnipotent being...not logical. Said child lived a sinless life. Again, not normal. Performed miracles. Was murdered. Rose from the dead. WHOA. Talk about freaky slash INCREDIBLE.

So why would such a logical, analytical person like myself believe such a tale? Not because I was raised to believe so--I've set out to see if my parents' "religion" was real or not. Not because it seems like the right thing to do--do you think I liked being labelled as the Good Girl all throughout high school? I believe it because every time I doubt it, He proves me wrong. I believe it because of all the things I've tried to satisfy myself with, He's the only one that is yet to fail me. I believe it because it comes naturally. I believe it because He's won my heart, He makes me laugh, and gives me strength when I'm weak. I believe it because He gives me a hope that's real, and joy that is, once again, unexplainable. I believe it because from what I've experienced, life without Him is stressful, dull, and nausiating.

I believe it because love so amazing, so divine, conquers all logic. Don't be afraid of talking to God. Don't avoid "a relationship" with your creator because the phrase is so overused that it sounds uncool. It's not phony. It's exactly what you're looking for. And you know that. Just let love in.

1 comment:

noel said...

destination reached, georgie. that was beautiful. i love you.