Thursday, January 7, 2010

dear laurie,

there are very few things left for me in this town.
you are one of them.
i hate that conversation is always cut off
by my driveway--
the drive home is never long enough.
sometimes i wish we could fall in love
like best friends do
in television shows and books and movies.
but no matter how appealing it seems,
i know that somewhere out there
lies an Amy for you
and a Friedrick for me.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

LOVE IT. LOVE IT.

I wish Jo would end up with Laurie in the book. In the movie it's a little more obvious they wouldn't be good for each other, but I feel like the book is different. Oh well.

Dave M. LaGue said...

haha. I played Friedrich Bhaer in the play version in high school.

Its a good story. I have to say that I think the end is a little bizarre. i think that Louisa May Alcott was just trying to confuse people and make girls cry. Why would christian bale (batman) marry the girl from spiderman (Mary Jane aka Kirsten Dunst)? It makes no sense. Batman is from DC and Spiderman is from Marvel. These are two completely different worlds.

or Am i bringing too much male logic into this?



ok this was all a bunch of jk.
in reality I thought that was a great post. very poetic. PS. your theme (or is it called skin?) of your site is really cool looking. and i am starting to really like B. Dillon's new cd.

Johnnie said...

I knew you were a poet!