Friday, August 5, 2011

Rain is a Good Thing

This morning, I woke up the sound, smell, and feel of rain through my open window.

Dixie took my car to work, thus confining me to the Shelton Shelter (home to 4+ people and 6+ animals at any given time) all day. I was going to get my oil changed and run a few errands today, but I am actually quite relieved that I have the excuse to go nowhere today.

Rainy days are beautiful, and even more beautiful in the summer when they cool the temperature. They are most beautiful when they happen on days that I do not have to answer a telephone at Garmin International. This is 2nd weekday I've had off work all summer, and the animals and I are enjoying it thoroughly.

Barbara Walters and I are making muffins and drinking coffee (yes, the cat is actually sharing my coffee). Thaddeus Stevens and Gertrude Stein are wrestling on the kitchen floor. Steadman Graham and Jeff Buckley are curled up in the ficus tree, and Neil Patrick Harris is sleeping on the stairs. They will be sad when I leave the zoo, and I will miss them as well.

I need to clean the house. I need to pack for this weekend. I need to pack in general--I am going home in 4 days!

I think it's a good atmosphere for some Peter Bradley Adams this morning...enjoy.

No comments: