I'm done with college classes.
I could even say I'm done with "college life."
Dorm life is a distant memory. I will probably never get 3am donuts with friends again. I can't "skip" the days I'm just not feelin' it. Never again will I be able to bum lunches from campus ministy potlucks. In a way, though, I haven't experienced any of this since last year.
This semester has been a good transition. I haven't felt like I was in college at all, really. And when I actually do travel across campus and see people wearing their Greek letter shirts, complaining about cafeteria food, handing out flyers for SGA activities, or tossing a frisbee, I think to myself, "Oh yeah. I live on a college campus. In fact, I'm in college."
I remember the days of playing Apples to Apples in dorm lobbies until the RA made us leave because of the noise level. I remember when my extracurriculars were actual activities, not grown-up things like grocery shopping, teaching Sunday School, and doing workout videos. I remember when 85% of my life took place at the Wesley Foundation. I remember naps and hoodies and taking tests instead of writing them. I remember when seniors seemed so old, and graduation was inconcievable.
Next semester, I am interning in a 6th grade Language Arts classroom. "Student teaching." This means it's back to that taste of the real-world I got this summer. Back to early-morning alarms, Lean Cuisine lunches, and decent-hour bedtimes. However, unlike this summer, I will not be recieving a backcheck. Also unlike this summer, I will be on my feet and working with real, live people. 11 and 12-year-old ones, to be exact. I am excited, but I don't feel prepared. You want me to manage who? Assess what? Portfolio taskstream lessonplan curriculum common core evaluate whoby whaty?
Oh, and I'm also supposed to have my future figured out by about February. No big deal.
At least my closet is ready.
No comments:
Post a Comment