Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm Excited!

It's pretty sad how happy I am to start this new "blog."
But it doesn't take much to excite me, so I guess its not so sad after all.

I've had the urge to journal several times since I've started school. I've just never gotten around to it. I used to write in a xanga that no one read, and a livejournal that random people I didn't know personally read. Xanga was getting old (I've had it since the 9th grade...), and livejournal was getting too personal, so I decided to copy my friend Sam and create a...blogthing?

I'm sure very few people will read what I write in here, but that doesn't really matter, because I don't write to impress others. I write for catharsis and entertainment and prayer and reflection.

Which brings me back to my excitement. God has done some awesome things in my life lately. Or better yet, I've finally noticed that God has done awesome things that He's been doing all along. My God is so faithful, and I'm trying my hardest to return the favor.

I've grown more in the past four months than I have at any time in my Christian walk. Reading over my most recent Xanga entries (most recent being about 7 months old), I actually felt ashamed of the person I was less than a year ago. Last year wasn't the best year for me, and I let my problems control my actions and my attitudes. Spiritually, I was not where I should have been, and therefore my reactions towards situations can from my selfishness, and were immature. Thankfully, there is always room for growth and maturity, and thought I didn't realize it at the time, it was well needed.

Perhaps that's another entry.

Reasons Why Wednesdays are Wonderful:
1. No class until noon
2. Freshman Ministry Team
3. Followed by the tradition of Taco Bell
4. And 9:06 Worship
5. Followed by the tradition of Pop-Ice
6. And preparation for Thursday's weekly World Civ. test.


Right...

No comments: