Sunday, January 18, 2009

lifeless questions

Here's what I want to know:
Is it possible to talk to dead people?
Not their physical carcases--that's downright freakish.
But kind of like a prayer, but to a person who's passed on rather than to God?
Because I do that occasionally.
I guess the better question would be,
do dead people listen to us?
Are they really "watching over us,"
or are they so engulfed in the splendor of being in the direct presence of God that they don't even care?
Can God pass messages to them, or hand them the phone, and say, "It's for you!"?
Can they hear what's going on in my head?
Do they see me? Do they even remember I exist? Does anything else really matter when you're praising God for all enternity?
Do these conversations that I occasionally have with the deceased really happen,
or am I just a mental case talking to myself?

Maybe I'll ask Haley Joel Osment.
I bet he could help me out.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I have always wondered that, too. If my grandma can see me and hear what I say to her. Hm.