Saturday, October 31, 2009

Tubthumping

Halloween. Some people may call it the Devil's holiday, and others may think it's only for children; however, if it gives me the excuse to dress in a fun costume, eat candy, scare myself, and enjoy the beauty of an autumn night, it don't see what's not to love!

This year, I dressed as the year 1998, complete with gaudy black heeled shoes, a packpack purse, butterfly clips, a scrunchie, and of course, my Sabrina the Teenage Witch dress:



I have a not-so-guilty pleasure for everything about the (espcially late) '90s. If a song came out in the '90s, you can pretty much bet that I love it. It's hard to beat some Third Eye Blind, Semisonic, Alanis Morrissette, Eve 6, Chumbawamba, Goo Goo Dolls...or of course, Backstreet Boys and Spice Girls. Giga-pets, POGS, and Goosebumps rock my world. And along the lines of television, Boy Meets World (and anything played on ABC's TGIF) and Home Improvement top them all. I am not ashamed to say that my life plans still include marrying Jonathan Taylor Thomas.

Oh yes, my two nights of Halloween were blissful!

On another note, I am traveling to Indianapolis on Tuesday for a National Middle School Association conference. I am very excited, but I can't believe it's here so soon...I am not ready at all! I'm not sure I'm ready for November in general...how is the time escaping?

4 comments:

avery said...

i now believe we are friends because of our love for the 90s. all of those artists listed? on my ipod.

noel said...

so basically, you went as cokie mason from the baby-sitter's club movie. or cher from the clueless tv show. either way, delightful.

Brian said...

Thanks Georgia. You are sweet.

I watched "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2" while I was in my drug induced stupor at the hospital, but got to leave without about twenty minutes left. I'm assuming nobody dies?

Kyle said...

We are so hot.