so it's been a while...
I don't even know where to begin. the past two months have been a remarkable period of growth and transformation in my life. Brookhill 2010 was incredible. God did mighty things and many young people were set free from the lies of the world. Hearts were set right with God, and minds were encouraged to dig deeper. The kids had a blast, and I successfully made it through another year of horseback without knowing anything about horses (praise God for Linda!). The relationships I built with the staff this summer are indescribable. I am so grateful for my camp family, but I miss them so much!
It's odd being "home," because I feel like I left home. The ranch has felt like home to me for the past decade of my life, and it's strange to think that my time as a Brookhill counselor may be done. If that is that, I will be at peace with it. Being a counselor has molded me into the person that I am: three years as a Junior Counselor--boy did that teach me some life lessons. And two as a Senior Counselor taught me not only to walk in leadership, but also in confidence, influence, teamwork, humility, spiritual discipline, and limitless love that can be fueled only through Christ. Our theme for the summer was "Leaving and Unforgettable Mark." I can honestly say that while I left a mark on the kids, a mark was left on me as well!
Whether this was my last summer at camp or not, I truly feel that this summer has closed one chapter in my life to make room for a new one. In three weeks, I will turn 21 years old. I thought the awkward ages were done once you made it through Junior High. Wrong. What am I? Dependent on my parents or independent? Collge kid or adult? Crazy camp counselor or mature teacher-in-training? Student or leader? All of the above? I have no idea. I guess we'll find out. Come whatever may, am I excited to see what God has in store for the upcoming year of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment