Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Boggled

Anyone who knows me well will tell you that I am a planner.
And anyone who knows God can tell you what God likes to do with these plans.


Now, I have never actually played a legitmate game of Boggle. In fact, the most experience I have with the game of Boggle is shared with Peggy Hill and my television set. However, it seems to be the illustration that keeps popping back into my head.
In the past month or so, I felt so set in my current season of life. It was organized. All the letters were aligned in the way that I wanted them. Things I had hoped for, prayed for, and longed for for so long were finally appearing in my life. Words were playing off of other words, making new words, scoring points. Life wasn't a breeze, but it was pretty comforting.


And now, my pretty little world has been shaken.
Everything I worked so hard to build--rattled.
All the plans I had made--interrupted.
All the familiarity--gone.

You know, maybe it was time for a good shake.
Maybe it's time to build some new words.
Maybe it's time to actually play Boggle so I can use it's concepts metaphorically.

No comments: