Friday, December 3, 2010

Confessions of a hermit?

My freshman year of college, I was a Caf-er. I socilized over sketchy meals in the cafeteria every lunch and dinner. As the semesters have gone by, however, I have become a To-Go Lunch-er. While I do enjoy eating questionable food with friends, long lines and noisy crowds are no longer my thing. Almost every day, I grab my Caf-to-go lunch (a wrap, baked lays, oreos, and a baby Dasani) and head to my room in Nutt Hall, the most antisocial dorm on campus.

What do I do while eating this solitary meal?
Do I watch television? No.
Do I do homework? Sometimes.
Do I check facebook? Occasionally.
What, then, do I do?

I read "Stuff Christians Like," the blog by Jon Acuff. And I read it faithfully.

Today, in the library I ran across a Yahoo article about annoyed athiests who put up immature billboards because they are tired of CHRISTians hogging CHRISTmas (ironic?).

I thought to myself, "I wonder if Jon Acuff has blogged about this yet?"
Sure enough, there it was, mentioned in Stuff Christians Like #909: Not Saying "Happy Holidays."

Then I scrolled down and ready #907. And I blog all of this to make one point. Usually, I read this blog to laugh. Today, God used this blog to hit me in the face with exactly what I needed to hear. So, without further ado, maybe this will speak to you like it spoke to me.

http://stuffchristianslike.net/2010/12/the-soft-x/#more-4101

No comments: